CSG Global Consulting (CSG) is a leading regional, multi-vendor value added reseller. We provide next-generation voice, data, video, and mobility solutions to businesses of all sizes. Our enterprise products, services and solutions are used by major hospital networks, university campuses, multi-site enterprise business, manufacturing plants, local government agencies, and general business.
Established in 2004, CSG has proven success from the planning, design, installation, and integration phases of our projects through the ongoing maintenance, support, and monitoring phases. Specializing in Unified Communications technology and Network Infrastructure solutions, CSG offers a consultative approach backed with strong product offerings, services, and business solutions. Our Plymouth Meeting, PA headquarters is home to our technical labs that our staff utilize to become proficient in the product suite and a showcase for our customers where they can work, demo, and test the products in a real-world, hands-on environment.
The primary focus of a CSG Systems Engineer is to provide a technical lead in the planning, installation and support of complex network and infrastructure systems. Duties include the creation of system requirements, design documents, assisting project managers in technical aspects of project planning, leading technicians in project related work, providing back-end support for technicians with complex problem resolution, escalations to manufacturers, and work independently or in teams to implement or resolve hardware and software issues with voice and data networks and systems.
- Identify and document technical requirements and constraints for implementation of complex applications and systems.
- Prepare networks for voice, data, and video services, including tasks such as DNS, DHCP and end-to-end QoS configurations, understand routing protocols, and security roles and profiles.
- Work independently or as the technical lead of the assigned team, on implementation of complex systems and applications.
- Develop ‘as-built’ documents for projects and conduct knowledge transfer sessions.
- Support complex systems by setting up monitoring, identifying problems, and troubleshooting reported issues.
- Escalation point for technicians’ technical problem resolution.
- Escalate problems to manufacturer when appropriate and manage the manufacturer support engagement.
- Develop and maintain internal software tools to automate complex and repetitive tasks.
- Attend ongoing training sessions, and complete or renew certifications annually.
- 5+ years of installation and support of complex voice or data networks.
- Hold or have the ability to quickly acquire vendor installation and support certifications:
for VMware VCP or VCAP Cisco CCNA or CCNP or other vendor specific certifications.
- Experience being the technical lead on project in large, complex environments.
- Experience with server hardware, virtualization (VMWare and Hyper-V), datacenter and cloud infrastructure platforms (AWS, Azure).
- Experience with installing and configuring network hardware including Switches, Routers, Firewalls, WLAN controllers and access points.
- Advanced knowledge of networking principles.
- Experience with using packet captures in identifying and resolving network problems.
- Strong technical aptitude, organization, analytical, and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills that are audience appropriate with appropriate style and delivery methods.