CSG Global Consulting (CSG) is a leading regional, multi-vendor value added reseller. We provide next-generation voice, data, video, and mobility solutions to businesses of all sizes. Our enterprise products, services and solutions are used by major hospital networks, university campuses, multi-site enterprise business, manufacturing plants, local government agencies, and general business.
Established in 2004, CSG has proven success from the planning, design, installation, and integration phases of our projects through the ongoing maintenance, support, and monitoring phases. Specializing in Unified Communications technology and Network Infrastructure solutions, CSG offers a consultative approach backed with strong product offerings, services, and business solutions. Our Plymouth Meeting, PA headquarters is home to our technical labs that our staff utilize to become proficient in the product suite and a showcase for our customers where they can work, demo, and test the products in a real-world, hands-on environment.
The primary focus of a CSG Voice Systems Engineer is to provide a technical lead in the planning, installation, and support of complex IP based voice communications systems. Duties include the creation of system requirements, design documents, assisting Project Managers in technical aspects of project planning, leading technicians in project related work, providing back-end support for technicians with complex problem resolution, escalations to manufacturers, and the ability to effectively work independently or in teams.
- Identify and document technical requirements and constraints for implementation of complex voice systems
- Work with network engineers to prepare networks for voice services, including DNS, DHCP and QoS configurations.
- Work alone or as a technical lead of a team on implementation of complex systems and applications
- Develop as-built documents for projects and conduct knowledge transfer sessions
- Support complex voice systems by setting up monitoring, identifying problems and troubleshooting reported issues.
- Be an escalation point for technicians for problem resolution.
- Escalate problems to manufacturer when appropriate and manage the manufacturer support engagement.
- Develop and maintain internal software tools to automate complex and repetitive tasks.
- 5+ years of installation and support of complex voice systems.
- Hold or ability to quickly acquire vendor installation and support certifications:
Avaya ACSS and ACIS, Cisco CCNA or CCNP, or other voice vendor engineering specific certification.
- Experience being the technical lead on project in large, complex environments.
- Experience creating and maintaining system design documents, as-built documents.
- Experience with Call Center software (Avaya Elite, Avaya Aura Contact Center, Avaya Oceana, and other similar contact center applications).
- Knowledge of networking including subnetting, QoS, routing, and switching principles.
- Experience with using packet captures in identifying and resolving network problems.
- Ability to find and implement solutions to problems with complex voice systems.
- Strong technical aptitude, organization, analytical, and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills that are audience appropriate with appropriate style and delivery methods.