CSG Global Consulting (CSG) is a leading regional, multi-vendor value added reseller. We provide next-generation voice, data, video, and mobility solutions to businesses of all sizes. Our enterprise products, services and solutions are used by major hospital networks, university campuses, multi-site enterprise business, manufacturing plants, local government agencies, and general business.
Established in 2004, CSG has proven success from the planning, design, installation, and integration phases of our projects through the ongoing maintenance, support, and monitoring phases. Specializing in Unified Communications technology and Network Infrastructure solutions, CSG offers a consultative approach backed with strong product offerings, services, and business solutions. Our Plymouth Meeting, PA headquarters is home to our technical labs that our staff utilize to become proficient in the product suite and a showcase for our customers where they can work, demo, and test the products in a real-world, hands-on environment.
The primary focus of a Field Service Engineer is to implement and support enterprise level, next-generation voice over IP communications systems. A successful candidate will be able to show the ability to work independently, and in a team, to install, service, troubleshoot, and maintain the end-user systems, applications, and network infrastructure. Customer systems will include premise based, private, public and hybrid cloud instances of advanced communication systems. The candidate will possess strong troubleshooting skills and certifications in voice & data networking, and have a background in enterprise telecommunications equipment, routers, and switches.
- Work with technical leads and engineers on the implementation of complex voice & data systems.
- Support complex voice systems by utilizing advanced troubleshooting tools and techniques to resolve problems and issues.
- Document work completed, update status of trouble tickets, and provide timely and appropriate updates to customers.
- Escalate problems to technical leads, engineers, or system manufacturers when appropriate and manage the manufacturer support engagement.
- 3+ years of installation and support of complex voice systems.
- Hold or ability to quickly acquire vendor installation and support certifications: Avaya ACSS and ACIS, Cisco CCNA, or other voice vendor engineering specific certification.
- Experience being a sysadmin, technician, or engineer on a project in large, complex voice environments.
- Experience with Call Center software (Avaya Elite, Avaya Aura Contact Center, Avaya Oceana, and other similar contact center applications).
- Knowledge of networking including subnetting, QoS, routing, and switching principles.
- Ability to find and implement solutions to problems with complex voice systems.
- Strong technical aptitude, organization, analytical, and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills that are audience appropriate with appropriate style and delivery methods.
5185 Campus Dr. | Suite 400
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462